Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Monday 7 November 2016

, , ,

Control - R M Gauthier Review

Share
Book Cover Source: Goodreads
Hello Readers...

Few weeks back I posted the review of Longing which happens to be the prequel to the book titled Control written by R.M Gauthier. After reading Longing, I was very much interested and keen to read Control and here I am today reviewing it. Just in case you haven't check out and don't know about Longing, click here. Before beginning with the review, I'll like to express my sincere gratitude to Renee for providing a copy of this book.

So lets start with the review but before beginning with the review, here is a brief synopsis of the book to get you acquainted with the story line:

"
Can one night change everything?

After a night out with her best friend, Alexandria's world is turned upside down making her re-evaluate her entire life. Meeting Landon Miller, a powerful businessman and owner of an exclusive club opens the door to a world she never knew existed. But, what lies beneath his business suit is a dark domain of mystery and control that unlocks a world of crime and punishment.


"


Lets cut the crap and gets straight to the point. While reading the book I am quite sure many people will try to relate and compare it with 50 Shades Of Grey as both the books has depicted the concept of BDSM, but the difference being Control falls under the thriller category. I like the story line of this book more than 50 Shades Of Grey . Being a fond reader of books in mystery and thriller category, I really enjoyed reading this story line.

Coming to the characters and the narration of the story, the characters feel much more real, genuine and relatable to me as compare to the 'Ana and Christian' from 50 Shades Of Grey. I was completely hooked on to the book right from the beginning and the story keeps on getting better. The way Renee has build suspense  right from the beginning and keeps on continuing till the end is impeccable. Also she has kept the tone of the book light and funny which makes this book an interesting read. Renee has used first person style of narration and has done an immensely great job in doing it. The kind of details she brought through her writing of this alternate lifestyle is pretty impressive and I almost felt like I am watching the entire story unfold right in front of my eyes,The way the characters and their story is build and the transition of the story along the time is pretty amazing. I really like Renee's writing style.

The book is full of mystery elements which won't allow you keep the book down until you compelte the book. The best thing what I felt about this book is the way Renee has handled such a sensitive topic of BDSM, which many people are still not ready to accept and are judgmental. Renee has described the entire scenario of the alternate life of the people who are open to such endeavors without being judgmental.

I couldn't specifically find any points regarding cons of this book. The only thing which I can think of is why this book belong to a series? I badly want to know what happens further in the story. I would also like to mention here that the book's content is suitable for adult audience.

So to sum up, I really like this book. If you think 50 Shades Of Grey is good, then you would love this book. This only thing which I'll like to say is, if you really want to enjoy this book, just be rational and keep an open-mindset and don't be judgmental. So coming to the golden question, will I read the next book in the series? My answer would be "Hell yeah I would be interested in reading the next installment in the series. To rate this book,  I would give this book 5 stars out of 5. I highly recommend you reading this book. Here are links to the amazon from where you can get this book when it launches on 10 November, 2016.

India: Control by R M Gauthier

Outside India: Control by R M Gauthier

So, this is what I feel after reading this book. Do let me know in the comment section what do you feel about the book. Guys if you like this review, do hit the like button and share it among your fellow readers and if you don't, do mention the reason in the comment section below as it will help me to get better and do SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get all the reviews right into your mail box. You can check more of Renee Gauthier stuff by heading onto here website: www.rmgauthier.com

So until next time, this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.




0 comments:

Post a Comment