Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Saturday 15 October 2016

, ,

Longing - R.M.Gauthier Review

Share
(Book Cover Source: Goodreads)
Hello Readers...

Being a reader who loves reading short stories and short novels, I was thinking of reviewing more short stories and short novels. So today I have come up with review of "Longing" written by "R.M.Gauthier".

Here is a brief synopsis of the book along with a quick video trailer for you to get better understanding about the story of this book.

" Longing is a story of a Special Forces Officer and a Business Tycoon becoming unlikely partners in their fight for justice and revenge.

Leroy Johnston, a Special Forces Officer, returns home from Afghanistan after serving 8 terrifying years, only to discover that his nightmares has not ended. After learning that his sister has been missing for months, Leroy sets out to find and bring her home. Meeting Landon Miller, a Business Tycoon and owner of an exclusive club exposes Leroy to a world of corruption that he had no idea even existed."




I know that a book should never be judged by its cover but can't contain myself from praising the cover of the book. I must say the cover looks fabulous and awesome. Now moving away from the aesthetics and coming to the technicalities of the book:

I really liked the story which the book is trying to portray. The story of a retired Special Forces Officer coming home and finding her sister missing for months seems pretty intense and interesting as well. However I will like to mention a problem to which I will talk about in the later part of the post. The author has created very relate able characters and I found myself immediately connecting with the characters.

Coming to the writing aspects of the book. Renee Gauthier has done an immensely great job in conceptualizing and narrating the story in a pretty short format. The story has its own twists and turns which will keep you interested and hooked up till you reach the end of the book, which most of the readers will be able to do in just one sitting. The thing that I loved about this book is the writers narration style. She is able to convey majority of the content in just few sentences. While reading this book, I actually felt like Renee Gauthier is narrating me the entire story right in front of me.

However, the thing that set me off was the end of the novel. I felt like I read the entire book and nothing happened in the end. To confirm that I didn't miss something in the middle, I read the entire book again and got the same feeling that the book actually doesn't have a end. I actually wish that this book is just like a prequel to the actual novel and I seriously hoped that this book gets converted into a complete novel as this story is full of suspense and twists.

So if asked to rate it, taking into consideration the entire book along with the the unusual end, I would give this book 3.5 stars out of 5 stars. If the book had a proper end, I would have actually given this book 4.5 stars. I would surely recommend this book to all the suspense-thriller lovers. Here are the links to the amazon from where you can get your book.

India: Longing by R.M.Gauthier

Outside India: Longing by R.M.Gauthier

So, this is what I feel after reading this book. Do let me know in the comment section what do you feel about the book. Guys if you like this review, do hit the like button and share it among your fellow readers and if you don't, do mention the reason in the comment section below as it will help me to get better and do SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get all the reviews right into your mail box. You can check more of Renne Gauthier stuff by heading onto here website: www.rmgauthier.com

So until next time, this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.


UPDATE


Today I got a message from Renee and guess what....what I was thinking is actually true. This book is actually a prequel to the book titled "Control" and is set for a November 10 release. I will surely try to get the actual book and will try to come up with the review as quickly as I can. So keep looking for this blog space for the complete and detailed review of "Control"  and lots of other great books. You can also SUBSCRIBE to my blog via mail to get the complete review right into your mail box when it comes out. Here is the cover and synopsis of the book "Control" before taking your leave.



"Can one night change everything?
After a night out with her best friend, Alexandria's world is turned upside down making her re-evaluate her entire life. Meeting Landon Miller, a powerful businessman and a owner of an exclusive club opens the door to the world she never new existed. But, what lies beneath his business suit is a dark domain of mystery and control that unlocks a world of crime and punishment."



0 comments:

Post a Comment