Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Tuesday 7 February 2017

, , ,

An Enlightening Quiche - Eva Pasco Review

Share
(Book Cover Source: Goodreads)

Hello Readers...

Finally back after a good long break. The book which we are reviewing today i.e "An Enlightening Quiche" is written by an Indie author Eva Pasco. I would like to express my sincere gratitude for sending in the review copy and also for being patient for so long.

Lets quickly start with the synopsis followed by the complete review:

"

Two headstrong women in their forties coming from different moral directions clash:

AUGUSTA BERGERON: Dysfunctional, Deceptive, Demure. More than meets the eye at face value, and stuck in a holding pattern, the town siren engages in reckless behavior she attributes to maternal abandonment until she eggs- humes her mother's quiche recipe.

LINDSAY METCALFE: Pedigreed. Priviliged. Proper. Mourning the recent death of her mother, the historian-in-residence hailing from Boston, sets out to preserve the legacy of an impoverished mill, but gets more than she bargains for when taking a self-centered adolescent under her wing.

Their alternating first-person narratives relate how an heirloom quiche recipe and baking rivalry between two bossom buddies redress erroneous assumptions, misdeeds, unleashed secrets, and malicious intent- all of which wreak havoc, altering the lives of those affected from the fallout of tragedy.

"

Lets start with the cover. The cover looks so amazing. The image of yummy quiche does make you immediately pick up the book and start reading and I am pretty sure everyone will feel the same because who doesn't love food. This book is a contemporary women fiction novel and since I am not a big follower of that genre I was a bit hesitant and skeptical but surely this book did change my perception.

It is a story of two women and their rivalry savored in the beautiful taste of the quiche. This story is so intriguing that I enjoyed myself immensely reading each and every page of the novel. This book gives a very interesting perspective to friendship and relationships in general. You will surely enjoy reading this story. The characters are very well conceptualized and I could easily relate to them. Kudos to Eva Pasco for fabricating such a nice story which everyone will love to read.

Coming to the writing and narration part....This book is a treat to read. Eva Pasco has done a very commendable job in writing and narrating the entire story. While describing the areas in the book I literally felt like I was walking down the road and someone was describing me the beauty of the place in person which I really loved. The last book which I read which was so bang on in the descriptive part...if I can recall correctly was the Harry Potter series, Loved the narration and the writing.

However, this book might not be for everyone. An Enlightening Quiche is a very well written complex story which might not appeal to everyone especially to those people who love reading simple book which is easy to understand. Also the vocabulary and language used is slightly advanced. So if you are a person who finds it difficult to understand some advanced English or if you belong to a non-english speaking country, then you might slightly find it difficult to understand the story in the first go. However I will highly suggest that you should spend the time in understanding the story as it will be worth all the time you spent while reading this book.

So to sum up, I really liked the story and I immensely enjoyed reading this book. Picking this book is a no-brainer. I highly recommend reading this book. To rate it, I will give this book 4.5 stars out of 5. So if you are looking for a book in the contemporary fiction genre this is the book which you need to pick. I am leaving links to the Amazon from where you can get yourself a copy of this book.

Amazon India: An Enlightening Quiche by Eva Pasco

Amazon US: An Enlightening Quiche by Eva Pasco

So that's all for today's review. If you liked the review then do smash the like button and share it around among the reading community. In case you haven't subscribe to the blog then do SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get all the new reviews and posts right into your mail box. Also if there are any suggestions which you would like me to know....leave them down  in the comments section. I make sure that I read each and every comment. Also I will be more frequent with the reviews from here on.

So until next time, this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.




0 comments:

Post a Comment