Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Wednesday 11 January 2017

, , ,

Finding Juliet - Toffee Review

Share
Book Cover Source: Goodreads
Hello Readers...

Few days back, I saw a post on the Instagram where it was written that "People don't fall in love anymore...they just find temporary attachment who can entertain them". This statement made me crazy and was seriously thinking over it for quite a long time. The book which we are reviewing today gave me the exact same feeling which I felt after reading that Instagram post. So lets begin with the review of today's book, Finding Juliet written by Toffee. Before beginning with the actual review, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Tushti Bhatia from Author Paradise for sending in the book for the review.

Lets quickly have a look at the synopsis and begin with our review.

"

Arjun is a sweet, simple guy who is so unlucky in love that he almost lets go of life. Enter his saviour Krish, who turns him into irresistible flirt, making his life more colorful.  But will he find true happiness or has he lost that opportunity?

Join Arjun as he tries to figure out women and discovers the meaning of love, lust and life...all in his journey of Finding Juliet.

"

The thing which excited me to pick up this book even before reading the synopsis was the cover and the title of the book. I must say, the cover of the book really looks good and goes really well with the theme of the book. Same goes with the title as well. I can't think of any better title that could properly summarize the entire concept of the book. Kudos to the author for selecting such a nice cover and really interesting title for the book.

The next thing I would like to mention is the content as well as the theme of the book itself. This book beautifully highlights the difference between Love, Lust and Life in general and how these three things function and behave in general. I am quite sure, many of us would have gone through a phase where we have infatuation in our teen years and we often misunderstand it as love and start chasing that infatuations so blindly that when the infatuation ceases, we get badly devastated and start lusting. Finding Juliet is a story of a boy who goes through this exact same phase which many of us surely would have gone through and understanding the basic difference between Love and Lust.

The USP of the book is the theme itself. Everyone reading this book can easily relate to the book as many of us have gone through such a feeling. The book is simple, crisp and to the point. Toffee has done really great job in formulating the concept and the content of the book. Kudos for that.

The next thing which I would like to talk about are the characters. The characters are really nice and feels genuine to me. They are definitely not shallow and I seriously liked some of the characters in the book. There are very few central characters in the story which makes it easy for the reader to stay with the story and have a good reading experience.

However, not everything is rosy about the book. I was slightly disappointed in terms of writing and narrating. The writing and the narration could have been a tad better in my frank opinion. The book has really nice beginning and end however it was struggling in the mid section. I started liking the book immediately after reading first few chapters and really enjoyed the first 100 pages of the book. The language used is quite casual and very simple to understand and I am quite sure you will have an instant connection with the story. However, later for some good 50 pages, nothing was quite happening with the story line. The plot was running on the same level with no twists happening. I feel that the author Toffee could have made this part slightly more interesting, as 50 pages out of  total 220 pages with no major plot twists happening can be a serious turn off for the readers.

Also in the exact same section in the mid, there were lots of details missing as many characters were being involved in the story and each of them have a simultaneous story line to be discussed. For eg. When Aditi and Arjun were having the central part in the story, I kept thinking about the Esha and Ruchika's character and their contribution to the story in that particular instant, as both these characters were still there in the plot sequence at that time. These are the minute details which I often look in any book and I felt those things were clearly missing.

But I must say, the author did really well in formulating the end of the book. I actually kind of knew what the end was going to be after reading some 120-130 pages but I really liked the way Toffee has conceptualized and written the end.

So to sum up, for me personally Finding Juliet is a decent book but surely could have been better. You will eventually enjoy reading this book if you are not too picky about the details like me. But yes this book does beautifully clarifies the difference between Love and Lust which the current generation often misinterprets. To rate this book, I would give this book 3.5 stars out of 5. If you are looking to buy this book, here are the links to the Amazon for the same.

Amazon India: Finding Juliet by Toffee

Amazon US: Finding Juliet by Toffee

So that's all for today's review. I hope you would have liked the review. If you do then do hit the like button and share the post among your fellow readers and if you don't then do let me know in the comment section below on your take on the book. If you haven't SUBSCRIBE to the blog yet then do SUBSCRIBE to get all the new posts right into your mail box. Before taking your leave, I would like to share a small poem which was there in the book which I really liked.

"I can see your face,
But I can't see you anymore.
I can look into your eyes,
But I can't read them anymore.
You hold my hand,
But I don't feel the love anymore.
You touch my body,
But you don't touch my soul anymore."

So until next time, this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.



1 comments:

  1. Hey Sushant,

    I wanted to reach out to you for a review, but couldn't find your email. Would you mind sharing it on hello@shelfjoy.com?

    ReplyDelete