Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Friday 4 November 2016

, , , ,

From Stardust To Babylon - Amanda Bucan Review

Share
Book Cover Source: Goodreads
Hello Readers...

I hoped that you had a safe Diwali and a great Halloween and I am sure that you might have enjoyed a lot. The book which I am reviewing today. "From Stardust To Babylon" was provided to me by the author "Amanda Bucan" for review purpose. I will urge all the readers to do read the entire post as this book is very different from majority of the books available out there.

Here is a brief synopsis to begin with the review:

"

Amanda grew up in an impoverished ex-steel town where she endured a lonely and ostracized childhood. Bullied at school she becomes a withdrawn teenager who at sixteen meets her 'twin flame' while working in a humble social club.

The two quickly embark upon a passionate affair though the relationship is ill-fated from the outset, and Amanda eventually marries someone else.

For nineteen years they live separate lives, until one harrowing day in 2001 Amanda learns via telepathic messages that Simon has died. This activates an astonishing onslaught of paranormal activity which will ultimately change the course of Mesopotamian, Egyptian and Biblical history.

With the revelation of a monumental conspiracy, this story brings truth and hope to a troubled world through a universal language that transcends all faiths and all cultures. Journey the road together, awaken to life's synchronicities and grow in wisdom...


"



I must say that this book is quite different from most of the books which I have reviewed and read in the past. This book I feel can't be categorized into any particular genre per say. This books starts as a normal love story and I expected the book to continue on the similar lines. But as I continued reading, this book took me by surprised as it converted from a love story to sort of demonical nature. With the paranormal activities taking place, this book generated interest which forbids me from putting this book down. The story progresses and the horror story got converted into spirituality and sort of thriller as Amanda Bucan starts joining the broken pieces of the puzzle.

The best thing about the book is the transitioning between these different sections. The transitioning is butter smooth and the entire book just feels like a poetry in motion wherein the readers effortlessly transitions from one section to the other. Coming to the characters, I could completely connect with the characters right from the beginning of the book. Amanda Bucan has written this book in the first person's point of view and being a person who loves to read books written in first person's view, this book gets extra brownie points from my side.

Coming to the writing style used by Amanda Bucan in this book, this book is narrated in specific sections or rather memories of her life. So you might see sections where the book shifts from one time zone to the other withing few paragraphs. So if you are not fond of reading books written and narrated in such style, you might find it difficult to stay with the books and might feel of droping the book. But considering the fact that this book is a result of 14 years of her life's incidents, adopting to such style of writing is necessary and essential to get all the details without missing any necessary incidents in a short concise book.

The book is quite easy to understand in the beginning and the middle but understanding and getting in the facts at the end of the book is slightly difficult. For me personally, I have to read the last sections or rather last few chapters thrice to actually sink in all the information in my mind. Even you might also have to read few segments in the book, to let the information sink in. But yes, I will admit that the more you read those segments, the more the details will be easier to understand and all the information will be crystal clear and more this book will be beneficial for you. Even Amanda Bucan also mention at one portion that you might have to read some segments for better clarity of information.

This book also mentions and touches on the topic of "Life After Death" or raher I should say "Love Beyond Death". So if you are believer in this concept or even if you are not, this book might give you a complete new as well as a rational perspective to this entire concept. Even at the end of this book, Amanda has attached few photographs which she click which might get you interested in this concept as those indeed got me interested.

So to sum up, I really enjoyed reading this book and I really glad and thankful to Amanda  for providing me such a book to read. This book surely gets 4 stars out of 5 stars from my side. I will definiltely try to get a physical copy of this book and keep it in my shelf. If you are like me who is open to reading completely different kind of book, then you should definitely consider giving a thought to this book. Here are the links to the amazon from where you can get the book.

Amazon India: From Stardust To Babylon (Paperback) by Amanda Bucan

Amazon US: From Stardust To Babylon (Paperback) by Amanda Bucan

So, this is what I feel after reading this book. Do let me know in the comment section what do you feel about the book. Guys if you like this review, hit the like button below and if you don't, do vote it down and mention the reason in the comment section below as it will help me to get better and do SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get all the reviews right into your mail box. Stay tuned and keep visiting the blog as many more book reviews are going to come up and which will surely help you to find your nexr Goodread. To know more about Amanda Bucan and her recent work you can visit her website: www.amandabucan.com/

So until next time, this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO



1 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Sushant for your positive feedback on `From Stardust to Babylon.`

    ReplyDelete