Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Sunday 27 November 2016

, ,

Appreciative Inquiry - Neena Verma Review

Share
Book Cover Source: Goodreads
Hello Readers...

We often try to improve ourselves so as to be a better person not only in our professional world but also in our personal life. This applies to me as well. For this I was looking for books which could help me to improve my personality and while searching out for books on the internet, I stumbled upon the concept of Appreciative Inquiry. I was lucky enough to get a book on the same topic via goodreads written by Dr. Neena Verma. So here is the review of Appreciative Inquiry: Practitioner's Guide For Generative Change and Development written by Dr. Neena Verma.

First I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the author of the book Dr. Neena Verma for sending in the book via goodreads. So lets begin with the review.

This book is about the art of Appreciative Inquiry. For people who just like me who were unaware of this concept here is a brief  description of AI as explained by Appreciative Inquiry Commons:

"Appreciative Inquiry is the cooperative search for the best in people, their organisations and the entire world around them. It involves systematic discovery of what gives a system 'life; when it is most effective and capable in economic, ecological, and human terms. AI involves the art and practice of asking questions that strengthen a system's capacity to heighten positive potential. It mobilizes inquiry through crafting an 'unconditional positive questions' often involving hundreds or sometimes thousands of people."

As mentioned above, the art of AI can be used in organisations as well as in our personal lives. This art signifies having a positive approach to each and every problems rather than taking a negative outlook. This book will surely steer you to have a more positive radical approach in life. This book highlights the very key point which I feel is the most important for succeeding in the life, the quality of Team Work. This book is a guide for anyone who wants to explore this novel concept and who wants to imbibe the philosophy of AI. This book caters to the organisational aspects of the AI as well which will surely help many organisations to grow and appreciate their employees. However, on what level this theory can work in the organisational framework, of that I am not sure as I am still pursuing my studies and have very little to none exposure to the organisational scenario. So if you are a person who has used this method in your organisation, do let me know in the comment section as to how your experience was with this method. Will love to read them.

One thing that slightly bothered me, here I might be nick picking but still will like to mention that the print use for typing is pretty dark. So when you are reading one page, the print on the back side of page also seems to be visible. This thing did bother me so I thought should mentioned it. It would have been much better if the printer could have paid a little more attention to this aspect.

This book will definitely generate a curiosity if you are unaware of this concept. However, like I said earlier, I am not a right person to validate those theories. But to me this concepts seems not that difficult to incorporate into the organisational structure. To rate this book, I will give it 4 stars out of 5. Here are links to the Amazon from where you can get the book.

Amazon India: Appreciative Inquiry by Neena Verma

Amazon US: Appreciative Inquiry by Neena Verma

So that's my impressions of this book. If you like the review, do hit the like button and share it among your friends. And in case you haven't SUBSCRIBE to the blog, then do SUBSCRIBE to get the new reviews right into you mail box. If you want to know more about AI, here is the Wikipedia article on AI which will surely be a right place to start.

Wikipedia: Appreciative Inquiry

So until next time, this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.






0 comments:

Post a Comment