Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Sunday 9 October 2016

, ,

School Monitor - Alex Dunn Review

Share
(Book Cover Source: Goodreads)
Hello Readers...

Today on the eve of Indie Author Day...I have a book written by an Indie Author "Alex Dunn". I would like to express my gratitude to Alex Dunn for providing a copy of this book for review. In case you haven't check her earlier book Crazy For Alice, check out the book here:

Review of Crazy For Alice by The Empty Pages

Here is a brief synopsis of the book before beginning with the actual review:

"Richard refuses to believe his socially awkward twin Chrissie has an unhealthy obsession with him. He's too busy making films and having fun with his best friends, but when the twins are sent to St.Bart's, the boarding school from Hell, Richard finds himself trapped in a real life psychological horror when he's framed for stealing, and on a mission to clear his name, discovers he's not the only actor in his family."

The thing what I like about this book the most is the concept of this book. This book has touched a sensitive topic of bullying in the school. It has clearly depicted to what an extent the bullies can go. Also this book showed that the best way to stop getting bullied is to bring the entire incident to the eyes of the people as there is no better punishment for the bullies other than facing social disgrace.

Coming to the characters of the books, the characters are well drafted and felt genuine to me. There are many characters present in the book and Alex Dunn has done a great job in creating each and every characters. I could immediately connect with the characters right from the start of the book.

Like I said earlier, I really liked the story of this book. Alex Dunn  has created a great story and you will surely connect and might even relate to in some instances. The story right away with the introduction of the central character and gets building up till the end with plot twists happening in the middle and in the end. The narration is top notch which will not be a surprise to you if you had read her earlier work. The transitioning between the chapters is super-smooth and you won't fell disconnected when shifting from one chapter to the other. Alex Dunn has made use of simple and easy vocabulary which will make it easier for you to stay connected to the story if English is not your primary language.

The only thing that bothered me was that the story became predictable after some instances. For eg. I could predict what was going to happen in few cases. But Yes, the end is something which caught me by surprise. Also few more twists in the plot would be nicer but yes there are enough plot twists in the book to keep you in to the story. Apart from these minor points, there are no much complains from my side.

So to sum up, I really liked the book. I would surely recommend this book to any one who love to read Young Adult novel. If asked to rate it, I would give this book 4 stars out of 5. So if you are thinking of buying this book, I will leave link to Amazon as well as to Smashwords, from where you can get your copy of this book. I can surely say that you will like this book.

Amazon:

India: School Monitor by Alex Dunn
Outside India: School Monitor by Alex Dunn

Smashwords: School Monitor by Alex Dunn

So, this is what I feel after reading this book. Do let me know in the comment section what do you feel about the book. Guys if you like this review, hit the like button below and if you don't, do vote it down and mention the reason in the comment section below as it will help me to get better and do SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get all the reviews right into your mail box. To know more about Alex Dunn and her recent work you can visit her website: www.alexdunnauthor.com/

So until next time, this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.




0 comments:

Post a Comment