Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Monday 31 October 2016

, ,

Chasing Black Gold: An Insider's Viewpoint

Share
Press & Journal Article ( June 4, 2016 )
Hello Readers...

While growing up after watching a movies about people who have amass millions by being on the wrong side of the law, I always wondered what goes inside the minds of those people or what goes on in the lives of those people when they have settle their score with the law. I am quite sure, at some point you might also have wondered the same thing. I got the answer to my first question by reading "Chasing Black Gold" and today I am trying to answer my second question.

Few weeks back I posted the review of “Chasing Black Gold: An Incredible True Story of Fuel Smuggler in Africa” written by Robert stone. While talking to him he told me that he has a press article published by Press and Journal on June 4, 2016 where he was interviewed, where he reveals more aspects of his life which he has not mentioned in the book and while interacting more with him he told me that he was more than happy to share it with us. Before heading to that press article, I will surely recommend you to check out the detailed review of Chasing Black Gold. It will surely help you to get a better understanding of the entire story.

Here is the side of the story which is not written in the book and mentioned in the press article which I think you will find interesting:

"

“It was though, I don’t know how the children and I get through it. I’d just begun a new international venture in the oil industry but I had to abandon all that to be there for my kids. It was the only way. Then six years ago, I was diagnosed with bowel cancer. People tell you when you receive such news, it’s a wake-up call.”

He laughs, “Yeah, like I needed another wake-up call. First going to prison, then losing Linda and now cancer? I looked up at the skies and shouted, ‘Hey God. I’m AWAKE.”

He is now in remission has recently found love again, and decided the time is right to publish his life story. “Because I don’t want my children to think there was anything the least bit romantic in what I did. I don’t want them to get wrong ideas.

“So many people from my past have died; so many places that meant something to us have been destroyed. There were elements I had chosen not to remember – and I uncovered some painful truths during my research. But I’ve tried to be as true to the story as I can. There are bits in the book that I’m so ashamed of and can still make me cry. What I learned is that past mistakes can come back to haunt you and ruin your life. You need solid foundations to build legacy and if you don’t have them you will end up with nothing – like I have.”

"
I hope that answers the second question. Just in case you want to check the entire article, here is the link where you can read the entire press article,

Link to P&J article: Robert Stone's Interview

So that's it for today. Hope you have like today's post. If you have liked it do hit the like button and share it among your friends and do SUBSCRIBE to my blog to get such good posts coming right into your mail box. Stay tuned as lots of good content is going to come in the future.

Before taking you leave, I would like to wish HAPPY DIWALI AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN to everyone and do give lots of sweets to children's coming at your doorsteps and saying "Trick or Treat". I am quite sure, those children's just like me means it.

CIAO.



0 comments:

Post a Comment