Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Friday 23 September 2016

, ,

Absinthe - A.L.Miles Review

Share
(Book Cover Source: Goodreads)
Hello Readers...

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the author of the book, "A.L.Miles" for providing a copy of this book for review.

Lets take a look at the brief synopsis of the book before beginning with the review:

" He pictured my mangled body beneath his. I am going to die, and he is going to be the one to kill me...

Absinthe: I wished for a new life, for a mother that loved me, for my abilities to be stripped from me forever. Instead, I get death. I get pain and heartache. Will I even know happiness before my untimely departure from this life? Do I run or stay and fight my painful ending? My days are numbered. My Ideas are running thin. I am left asking, how am I going to survive this?

Ash: It started with her art, and then it was her body and a simple bet. What is it now? I started as one person at the beginning, but now I wonder, who am I?

Absinthe is a mind reader. She set up a meeting with a potential client and was waiting for him when a man she did not want to see showed up. Her potential client was fake, and the man that showed up was thinking one thing. If this urge was not to heavy, I would keep you around. Unfortunately, for you, I need to kill again, and you, my dear Absinthe, are going to be my victim.

With her life on the line, she must figure out what to do next."

What drew my attention to the book was the cover and the theme of the book. The cover looks stunning and the theme of a girl who has mind reading ability is quite unique. However, I felt that the author couldn't make the most out of the concept. The story could have been a more amazing and interesting if the concept of mind reading was utilised in a more better way.

The story is narrated in the perspective of two people, Ash and Absinthe, who fell in love with each other. The author choose the narration in terms of the two characters in alternate fashion, for eg. if one chapter in narrated with  respect to Absinthe then the subsequent chapter will be narrated with Ash's perspective. However, I felt that the transition could have been a little smother in certain places. The author has written and narrated in simple words and at an appropriate pace. I am sure many of you will have no complain in that regards.

However, I just couldn't connect with the book, the characters and the story. The entire story line for most of the time was moving on the same level. Though, in the end author did a good job in making the novel slightly better as compared to previous sections. Also, many things in the novel were unexplained till the end. The attention to the details was clearly lacking.

This book also contain some content which might not be appropriate for children's below the age group of 14-15. Parents do take a note of this.

So to sum up, this book didn't do well in my opinion. Yes the concept was good but the book was struggling at many fronts. If I have to rate it,  I would give this book 1.5 stars out of 5. Still, if you wanna buy the book, here are the link to the Amazon for the same.

India: Absinthe by A.L.Miles

Outside India: Absinthe by A.L.Miles

So, this is what I feel after reading this book. Do let me know in the comment section what do you feel about the book. Guys if you like this review, do hit the like button and share it among your fellow readers and if you don't, do mention the reason in the comment section below as it will help me to get better and do SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get all the reviews right into your mail box. To know more about Astrid Lee Miles and her recent work you can head on to her website: A.L.Miles

So until next time, this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.




0 comments:

Post a Comment