Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Wednesday 24 August 2016

, , ,

Last Year's Resolution - Robert Lampros Review

Share
(Book Cover Source: www.goodreads.com)

Hello Readers...

I will like to express my gratitude to the author of this book Mr.Robert Lampros for providing a copy of this book for the review. Here is brief synopsis of this book:

"Last Year's Resolution is a novel about Edmund Stovender, a famous author who falls in love with Marie, a journalist who calls him for an interview just before the performance of his hit play. Their lives accelerate through an epic adventure testing their faith, strength and love for each other, as they discover their story might pivotally influence the fate of the world."

This book is a Christian fantasy depicting a love story in the apocalypse and is in relation to the Book Of Revelation. I'll have to admit, I was very skeptical before the start of this book as I am not fond and haven't read much in this genre. So many of you might defer with me on this.

I felt the concept of this book was very nice, depicting the power of strength and faith of the main character Edmund in bad times. Also the book is quite short with just 180 pages, making it a quick read. I managed to finished the book in one sitting. But writing a book this short could be tricky. Such books test the imagination of the author to getting in enough details  for the readers to connect with this book. I personally feel that this book lack in this front. The author was struggling till the end to get the necessary details for eg. details regarding the love story of Edmund and Marie, details of the aftermath of the incident which shook the entire town, etc. Such details were simply not there.

However, Robert Lampros did an exceptionally well job in creating very nice and lovable characters. The characters felt genuine to me and I could easily connect with them right from the start. Also, the message of building  and maintaining faith in other people through our work was very well presented in this novel. Robert Lampros kept the chapters short, thus making it easier for the readers to stay with the story. However, the transitioning between the two chapter could have been a little better.

So to sum up, I personally feel the book is decent enough, having good social message and restores the faith of the people in Christianity. Still, I feel the book could have been made better by paying little attention to the details and the transitioning and building up of the characters. If asked to rate it, I will give this book 3 stars out of 5. So, if you like reading Christian fantasy and looking for a quick read, you can give this book a thought. If you are interested in buying this book, I'll leave a direct link to the amazon below from where you can get a book.

India: Last Year's Resolution by Robert Lampros

Outside India: Last Year's Resolution by Robert Lampros

So, this is what I feel after reading this book. Do let me know in the comment section what do you feel about the book. Guys if you like this review, hit the like button and if you don't, do mention the reason in the comment section below as it will help me to get better and do SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get all the reviews right into your mail box. To know more about Robert Lampros and his recent work you can visit his website: www.robertlampros.wordpress.com

So until next time, this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.



0 comments:

Post a Comment