Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Thursday 28 July 2016

, ,

Exile - Rachel Starr Thomson Review

Share
(Book Cover Source: www.goodreads.com)

Hello Readers...

To sum up what the book is all about here is a brief synopsis of the entire story:

" When Tyler fishes the girl out of the bay, he thinks she's dead. She wishes she was. For Reese, life ended when the supernatural entity called the Oneness threw her out. For Tyler, dredging Reese out of the water means life is nothing he thought. In a world where the Oneness exists, nothing looks the same. Dead men walk. Demons prowl the air. Old friends peel back their mundane masks and prove as supernatural as angels. The Oneness changes everything. And getting Reese home, making her One again, will change Tyler -- and his roommate, Chris, whose connections with the Oneness have been buried most of his life -- forever."

I had some mixed feeling before starting with the book, as this book is quite different from the genres of book I like to read. So at the beginning of the book I was quite skeptical regarding the book but as soon as I moved through few pages my skepticism faded and I was completely into the book.

The first thing that I liked about the book was the cover. I must say it was foreboding justifying the essence of the book, i.e. of angels and demons, but I actually liked it. I must say in terms of writing, Rachel Starr Thomson never disappoints. The writing and the narration is excellent which is something you can find in almost every novel of Rachel Starr Thomson. The characters feels real and appear genuine to me. Though I don't believe in Angels and Demonic activities, I felt the entire story happening right in front of the eye while reading the book. The beginning is slightly at slower pace as compared to the end, but I felt that was interesting as it made many people like me who are not into reading such Christian Fantasy comfortable.

The way the story moved is interesting and will keep you guessing the twist, though I stopped guessing after a while. I think you should do the same as you will get tired guessing the plot twists as there are many. The best thing which I guess is the USP of the book is the concept and the narration of the book.

Now coming to things what I don't like...

Like I mention before, the second half of the story is at faster pace as compared to the beginning. For some one who is not into reading many books or I can say a person who is not a habitual reader will find it difficult to stay with the book as it goes story goes through great pace revealing new twists very quickly. To all my non-habitual reader friends, try to stay with book and don't just drop it in the middle, I am quite sure you will regret doing that.

Also I felt, the middle of the book was slightly weak. By that, I mean there was lot of confusion as to what is happening with the characters as there where many characters with very little link to where the story was heading. I guess, that is one of the reason why the end seemed so fast pace.

Still this is a good book to read and if you enjoy reading such angel vs demon saga, you will like this book. Coming to the important question...Will I Read The Next Book In The Series? The answer will be yes, atleast book 2 in the series. To rate the book on the scale of 5, I will give it 4 stars. So if you wanna pick the book here is the link to the amazon:

India: Exile by Rachel Starr Thomson

Outside India: Exile by Rachel Starr Thomson

So, this is what I feel after reading this book. Do let me know in the comment section what do you feel about the book. Guys if you like this review, hit the like button below and if you don't, do vote it down and mention the reason in the comment section below as it will help me to get better and do SUBSCRIBE to the blog to get all the reviews right into your mail box. So until next time, this is me Sushant signing off. You guys have a great day.

CIAO.




0 comments:

Post a Comment